In exactly one week I’ll celebrate my 30th birthday. The big 3-0. Yikes.
Actually, truth be told – in my early 20s and as a teenager 30 sounded so old – but when I hit the 24/25 mark I decided to (unlike most people?) stop dreading my 30th birthday and to instead look forward to it (I had planned to take a big return trip to Egypt but since I’m in India I’ll be doing something different)….and I really am looking forward to it. I think it’ll be an awesome year and even more awesome decade.
Inspired by Danielle’s birthday wish list post I thought it would be fun to create my own wish list. Of course, I don’t necessarily NEED any of these things and I’m not expecting them (but if the people over at The Oberoi somehow got wind of this post and wanted to extend a weekend stay at their hotel I’d gladly accept!) but boy oh boy do I WANT them…
1. I love sequins, I love gold, I love clutches. So this oversized sequined Miu Miu clutch is just perfect…and would work equally well with a casual outfit or a dressy one.
2. I’ve wanted a large oversized gold watch for a while now and now that they are all the rage I feel like I’m jumping on the band wagon – but oh well! This one by Michael Kors fits the bill.
3. At home I had the 3G but here in India I’m using an old Nokia that has to be at least circa 2001 – maybe earlier. No camera. No music. No internet access. No games (well just that game with the snake). Nada. I’m therefore, understandably, lusting after the new iPhone 5.
4. What better way to welcome a new decade than with a weekend stay at the super luxurious Oberoi Rajvilas in Jaipur (Travel + Leisure Magazine ranked it the 3rd Best Hotel in Asia and the 8th Best Hotel in the World). After 5 months of going at it volunteer style a little R+R would be pure bliss. Pure. Bliss.
5. The OG bag from Lo & Sons is the perfect overnight/gym bag…it even has a laptop compartment making it work just as well for the office.
6. Grace of the blog/site Design*Sponge has been doing sneak peeks of her new book Design Sponge at Home on her blog now for a few weeks and every sneak peek is just fabulous. Court’s book, Nomad: Bringing Your Travels Home, sounds like it was made for me and will be filled with tons of inspiring photographs and ideas. Both are due out later this Fall.
7. I’ve read nothing but good reviews about the Clairsonic Brush and since I’m trying to find and stick with a skin routine I think it would be the perfect addition to my lineup.
8. I’ve gotten more serious with my photography and my next move will be up to a full frame d-slr. Though I’m torn (between the Nikon d700 and the Canon 5D Mark II) I’m a Nikon shooter and have used the d700 to shoot two weddings and it feels good in my hands. Both brands are set to release newer versions any day now so chances are the prices will drop quite a bit on these models (a good thing for me!).
So those are some of the things I’m lusting after.
Are any of you Virgo’s or turning the big 3-0 this year? Looking forward to it or dreading it? And more importantly, what’s on your birthday wish list?